CQ App Support
Stay connected with the best newsroom in Washington wherever you are with a new app from CQ.
Robust news coverage. Real-time updates and alerts. Access to member and bill information on the go. The CQ app is your real-time mobile guide to what’s happening in Washington. It provides you with timely news, expert analysis and in-depth information about Congress, politics and government. The app includes:
- A stream of content you care about that syncs with your CQ.com and CQ+ accounts.
- Access to all of the data and information included in your CQ.com subscription, easily searchable and dynamic.
- CQ News — award-winning legislative and policy news, including the exclusive CQ Morning Briefing, floor activity updates, and breaking news alerts.
- CQ Now, our newsroom’s up-to-the-minute news and information hub.
- In-depth analysis from CQ Magazine, with a look ahead to the upcoming week.
- Customizable email and push notification alerts that sync with your CQ+ and CQ.com alerts, and allow you to receive new information pertinent to your interest areas as the information is published.
- Politics and lobbying coverage from Roll Call, the non-partisan source for news and analysis of the people, politics, and personalities of Capitol Hill.
- Today at a Glance, our daily calendar of events on Capitol Hill.
The app is free to download and use, but requires a CQ subscription to access content. To subscribe call 202-650-6599 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the latest full-text news from CQ Now
- Cut through the clutter and see only the news you care about in your Following feed.
- Search for what you need and find it in an instant using quick filters to narrow your results.
- Enjoy a synchronized alerting experience among your CQ.com, CQ+ and CQ app accounts.
- Seamless, attractive navigation, optimized for both iPhone and iPad.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find the CQ app?
Simply search the iTunes store for “CQ” and download! It’s free to use for anyone with a CQ.com subscription.
How do I login to the CQ app?
When you open the app, sign in using your CQ.com username and password. You must be a subscriber to at least CQ News & Schedules service to access the content.
Can I invite additional people to use the app?
Yes. Simply tell them to search for CQ in the app store. As long as they have existing access to CQ News & Schedules content they will be able to use the app. They can also subscribe to the CQ News and Schedules product if they are not a current customer.
How do I subscribe?
The app is free to download but requires a CQ subscription to access content. To subscribe call 202-650-6599 or email us at email@example.com. More information can be found here.
What content is included in the app?
- CQ News updated throughout the day
- CQ Schedules updated throughout the day
- CQ Magazine as issues are published
- All of the other content included in your CQ.com and CQ+ subscription package.
How do the app’s alerts work?
The app’s alerts are synchronized between your CQ.com, CQ+ and CQ mobile accounts. Opting in for push notifications sets your default notification setting to send push alerts when a bill you follow changes status. If you want to receive push notifications on all items that you follow, go to your app’s settings page and toggle the selector to “All Notifications.”
Please note that changing your push notification settings will not impact your email alert settings.
Will searches on the CQ App work the same as on CQ.com?
The app’s search engine is different from CQ.com’s. The app supports basic Boolean searching: multiple word searches will look for all words in a document, OR can be used to find documents with any word and “quote marks” will search for phrases.
Can content be shared from the app?
Yes, you can email articles. When emailing a story the link, headline and first paragraph of the article will be sent (along with any note added by you). In all cases a login to CQ.com is required to read the complete story.
Is the CQ app only for Apple devices?
What about Blackberry or Android? The App is only for Apple devices at this time but an Android version will be released in the near future. Please let us know if you are interested in Blackberry and Android by emailing us at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.