Washington, D.C. (March 3, 2017) – CQ Roll Call, an Economist Group business, today announced several product improvements to its best-in-class federal legislative tracking service, including an updated alerting system designed to keep busy professionals in the know faster than ever.
The new alert system, which clients began seeing in beta form in January, provides up-to-the-second information in users’ inboxes or in mobile notifications. Users can set alerts from dozens of suggestions or customize alerts for any issue or combination of topics, creating endless ways to stay informed.
“CQ provides a powerful combination of data with expert knowledge that empowers our users to drive success,” said Matt Mansfield, Chief Innovation Officer. “Our clients trust us to provide essential context. Things move fast in Washington. We want to help clients cut through the clutter.”
The company has been working directly with its users to engineer comprehensive productivity tools for tracking Congress, federal agencies and the administration. New offerings pair unique CQ data with expert analysis from CQ Roll Call’s plugged-in journalists on Capitol Hill and at the White House.
Design and usability experts spent the last several months talking to clients about CQ’s diverse set of legislative tracking tools, making sure changes fits the needs of real users. A hallmark of the new tools is the ability to quickly adapt to emerging needs.
“We have worked on deeply understanding our users’ needs, and that work will never stop,” said Paige K. Connor, the product manager for legislative tracking products. “Every phase of the beta process allows us to continually adjust course based on what we hear. We want to be constantly identifying improvements for our users.”
CQ recently released a preview of its improved platform, which has allowed clients to see the new tools and weigh in on the changes.
In addition to the new alerting system, new CQ features include:
- A powerful personalization tool, My CQ, that allows users to customize content based on needs. The tool also allows for easier-than-ever knowledge sharing with colleagues inside an organization.
- A robust bill comparison tool that puts the exhaustive CQ congressional database to use for clients with a new intuitive interface. Clients can compare bills or sections of bills from in-line or side-by-side, reaching back into decades of legislation.
- A real-time alerting engine for bills and bill changes making their way through the system.
- A new task-based navigation system designed around customer workflows
- A new subscription manager for CQ’s cadre of subject-based newsletters
- A new way to easily request congressional, White House and financial transcripts from TV shows, hearings and briefings. Users can also view live floor video from Congress.
- A new enhanced set of benchmarking tools for clients to access CQ data and expertise.
For more information on pricing or to request a demo of CQ visit:
About CQ Roll Call
CQ Roll Call, an Economist Group business, provides intelligence and grassroots advocacy resources for government and political professionals. As the publisher of CQ.com, CQ Weekly, Roll Call and several topic-specific verticals, it is the premier source of timely, objective news and analysis on government and electoral politics. CQ Roll Call has won more Dirksen Awards for “Distinguished Reporting of Congress” than any other organization, and for 70 years we have been committed to providing nonpartisan insights and in-depth analysis on Congress and the policy-making process. Its products and services cover all aspects of legislative, government and electoral processes, giving clients actionable information and custom tools to maximize their influence.
Paige K. Connor
CQ Roll Call
T 202 650 6594
C 614 975 5777