In a chamber where personality often drives the policy, CQ’s Senate Action Reports serve as a pathfinder to understanding both with expertise and data that penetrates the often opaque maze that is the U.S. Senate. For years you’ve turned to our House Action Reports for forward-looking, insightful legislative analysis, and on April 4 we’re launching a Senate companion to complete the full picture of floor action on Capitol Hill.
Your goal: To better understand what’s happening in real time on the Senate floor, as it all unfolds.
Our goal: To guide you through the fog, to lift the shroud of secrecy and obfuscation, and to articulate in plain language what’s going on and how it impacts you.
- Lawmakers and Hill staffers
- Government affairs professionals, including associations, corporations and lobbyists
- Fans of House Action Reports
- Anyone who tracks legislation
- A measure you’re following passes the House, but you have no idea when it’ll reach the Senate floor
- With a chaotic schedule and unpredictable chamber, you go into each day without any notion of what to expect in the Senate
- The Senate’s unanimous consent agreements are difficult to decode and their implications are often unclear
- The Senate modifies a bill, but what happens next is anyone’s guess
- A bill disappears from Senate debate. Where did it go?
- We chronicle Senate actions for you in real time
- Exclusive insights and two-minute drills on procedural maneuvers
- Custom alerts to let you know whenever an action warrants your attention
- In-depth, up-to-the-minute deep dives into the chamber’s proceedings
- Predictive, straightforward legislative analysis
- Daily newsletter delivery to your inbox
- Explanations of how Senate actions impact House bills
- Quick access to transcripts, schedules and other documents
- Easily understand what’s happening in real time on the Senate floor, as it all unfolds.
- Quickly decode unanimous consent agreements and what they mean for the bill you’re following
- Get notified ahead of time when a major piece of legislation is coming up for debate
- Be the first to know when a significant change in course happens in the chamber
- Gauges the odds of a bill becoming law
For more information or to set up a trial, contact your account manager or click here to email our hotline.