Books & Directories
CQ Roll Call’s books and print directories offers coverage of congressional representatives and provides background information on committee assignments, vote studies, key votes, election results and more. The expansive state, district and member descriptions give you a sense of the forces that shape members’ ideological leanings and voting patterns, helping you anticipate how a member may vote on future legislation.
The ‘face books’ to Congress. Accuracy. Personalized.
Known on Capitol Hill as “the face books,” Congress At Your Fingertips has been cited as the most reliable congressional directory for more than 25 years. Ranked as a best-seller by The Washington Post, Congress At Your Fingertips provides current biographical data, member color photos, Capitol Hill and district office addresses and phone numbers, CQ Vote Studies and more.
Our publishing team offers numerous personalization options for bulk orders, giving you the easiest tool to engage supporters and increase their awareness of Congressional members.
Hundreds of associations, corporations and groups use Congress At Your Fingertips as their premium giveaways to clients, members, PAC donors and advocates.
Exclusive insight into the forces that drove action on legislation
Brought to you by the expert, nonpartisan CQ Roll Call editorial staff, the CQ Almanac chronicles and analyzes the major bills brought before Congress in the previous year.
Published each summer, the CQ Almanac offers:
- Legislative Profiles: A detailed look at each major piece of legislation that lawmakers considered during the session, regardless of whether it became law.
- Key Votes: In-depth analysis of votes chosen by CQ-Roll Call Group editors as the most critical in determining the outcome of congressional action on major issues.
- Vote Studies: Our analysis of the roll call votes cast in Congress, including a close study of the level of presidential support, party unity and member participation during the year.
- Roll Call Votes: Easy-to-read tables including each member’s vote on every bill that received a roll call vote.
- Public Laws: A chronicle of bills enacted into law during the year, including a brief history of the bill, the sponsoring party, date of passage and presidential signature.
The most objective, authoritative and comprehensive source of political intelligence for over 25 years
Congress is much more complex than just Republicans versus Democrats. It’s an elaborate and colorful patchwork of competing interests, personalities and legislative priorities. Politics in America helps bring politics and our elected representatives into focus.
Published biennially, Politics in America helps you navigate the intricacies of Congress by identifying each member’s political style, priorities, personality and constituent influences.
Politics in America offers:
- In-depth profiles and photographs of all 535 members of the current Congress and the delegates—including new, expanded profiles of the top congressional leaders.
- Committee assignments, leadership posts and essential contact information.
- Presidential results by congressional district, plus district summaries with updated historical, economic and social data.
- Maps, census data, interest group ratings, and unique facts and figures about the current Congress.
- Exclusive Vote Studies of members’ party unity, presidential support and much more.